- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- In a large saucepan, combine cream and 1 cup sugar; cook and stir over low heat until a thermometer reads 160 degrees ( do not allow to boil). Stir in gelatin until completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat; stir in extracts. Cool 10 minutes. Whisk in sour cream. Pour in sour cream. Pour into eight dessert dishes. Refrigerates at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, lightly crush raspberries; gently stir in remaining sugar. Spoon over tops.
Source - Cooking in Old Creole Days
Prepared by Collin Lockfield
July 12, 2017