- Some chopped meat
- A little stale bread
- Little bit of ham or tongue
- Egg plant
- Parboil them, cut them in half and scrape out the soft part, which you put in a bowl.
- Add to it some chopped meat and a little stale bread.
- Season with salt, pepper, onions, parsley, and a little bit of ham or tongue.
- Put all in the frying-pan for a few moments
- Put back in the egg-plant shells
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top
- Brown in the oven
Source — Cooking in Old Creole Days.
Prepared by Paul W. Haire