- One round of beef
- One can of tomatoes
- One bunch of carrots
- One onion
- One heaping tablespoonful of cloves
- One of allspice, ground
- One cup of flour
- Take round of beef and put in porcelain pot
- Over this, pour one can of tomatoes
- And put one bunch of carrots, and one onion, sliced fine
- Put on back of stove at three o'clock for an eight o'clock dinner
- Let it cook slowly all the time
- A short time before dinner, add a heaping tablespoonful of cloves
- And one of allspice, ground.
- Then brown a cup of flour and make it into gravy
- And add this to the rest.