- Tenderized Veal
- Italian macaroni
- Lemon slices
- Cut a few slices of the veal into pieces around three inches long and half an inch thick.
- Finely chop your onion.
- Fry these pieces of veal in lard with the finely chopped onion.
- Add half a cupful of sauce to the mix and let simmer 30-45 minutes.
- Add the parsley after you have chopped it well.
- Boil the Italian macaroni and place the pasta in the bottom of a long dish.
- Pour the veal and sauce on top of the pasta and trim with lemon slices.
— Celeste Smith
Source — Cooking in Old Creole Days
Prepared by Jonathan Culp
July 11, 2017