- 1 Package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2- 1/4 cups warm water (110 to 115 degrees)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6-1/4 to 6-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt, oil and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough in half. Shape each into a loaf. Place in two greased 9x5-in. Loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30-45mintues.
- Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bread sounds hollow when tapped. Remove for the pans to wire racks to cool.