- 2lbs of round of beef
- 3 carrots
- 2 leeks
- A onion
- Pepper pod
- 3 Tomatoes
- Cut off fat on round of beef.
- In a medium saucepan, add round of beef and cold water. Enough of water to cover meat well.
- Place lid over saucepan halfway to allow steam to evaporate.
- Cook at low temperature for a hour.
- Carefully skim scum that arises.
- While broth is cooking, clean vegetables and put in cold water until time to use them.
- Cut carrots, leeks, and onion in half.
- Chop of 2 or 3 tomatoes.
- Add carrots and leek to broth and half of onion.
- Add small piece of cabbage, a bit of garlic, a piece of celery, parsley, pepper pod and tomatoes.
- Let simmer for two hours, skimming it carefully.
Can be served with or without vegetables. Can be served as bouillon with rice, vermicelli, macaroni, or any other Italian paste, or bread dried in the oven.