- 5 lbs of Haddock or Cod fish
- 2 lbs of Salted Pork
- 3 Potatoes
- 1 box of Water Crackers
- 2 Onions
- 1 pint of water
- In a large saucepan, cut salted pork into medium size cubes and cook until brown.
- Cut onion into shreds and slice potatoes into thin slices. Slice fish into generous chunks.
- In the large saucepan, alternate layers of potatoes, fish, broken water crackers, and onion. Continue until all material are used.
- Add black pepper and salt for taste.
- Pour fat scraps over and add in water to keep from sticking to pan.
- Place lid over the pan and slow cook at low temperature for 45 minutes.
- (Optional) If fish is not tender, add some fresh milk and let it come to a boil.
July 16, 2017