- 1 pound of lean veal
- 1/4 pound veal liver
- 1tsp of onion juice
- 4 onion cloves
- 1tbs butter
- 1tbs browned flour
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- wine glass full of sherry
- red pepper and salt
- Add veal, veal liver, onion juice, and cloves to a pot.
- Cover with water and boil until tender.
- When cold, cut meat and liver into small pieces.
- Thicken water they were boiled in with butter rolled in browned flour.
- Pour this gravy over meat and add in 2 hard boiled eggs cut fine.
- Add sherry and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat and serve in chafing dish.
Source — Cooking in Old Creole Days
Prepared by Tanner Frasier
July 11, 2017