- Jelly made from calf's feet
- Madeira Wine
- Small piece of salt pork
- Piece of liver
- Red pepper
- Black pepper
- Few Soda Crackers
- Chopped truffles
- Meat juice
- One Snipe
- Season the salted pork and piece of liver with salt, red and black pepper.
- Chop the meat up fine.
- Put a few soda crackers in the oven and toast and pulverize them.
- Mix the soda crackers with the chopped meat.
- Add chopped truffles and mushrooms and just enough meat juice to soften it.
- Cut your Snipe in two.
- Put the Snipe in a china tureen and fill in the empty places with the hash.
- Put on a very slow fire for several hours.
Source — Cooking in Old Créole Days
Prepared by Brody C. Pinion
July 15, 2017