- 1 teaspoon of water
- 2 teacup of pulverized sugar
- 1 teacup of sweet milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 8 eggs
- 3 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 teacups of flour
- Stir 1 teacupful of melted butter and 2 teacups of pulverized sugar to a cream together.
- Add 1 teacup of sweet milk, 1 tablespoon of vanilla, and the whites of 8 eggs beaten till stiff.
- Add 3 teacups of sifted flour and 2 teaspoons of baking powder, and mix it thoroughly.
- Do not move the pans while baking until the cake is done baking, unless it cooked to much on one side.
- The 8 yolks make the cake taste better by adding two whole eggs and beating all them together.
- Then take the same ingredients as above and pour the egg yolk in together.
- This can makes two cakes.
Source — Cooking in Old Créole Days
Prepared by Brooke Lolley
July 12, 2017