- 2-3 dozen crawfish
- Small portion of chicken or veal
- Small portion of stale bread
- Pepper [red or black]
- Laurel leaf
- Spoonful [tablespoon] of lard
- Quart of Bouillon
- Put the 2-3 dozen crawfish into boiling water for a minute or two.
- Clean them thoroughly.
- Remove the heads and empty them, clean and wash them, but keep the fat part from the tails.
- Put them on a chopping board with the fat and the small portion of chicken or veal and the stale bread, and chop them all finely together.
- Season with the pepper and laurel leaf.
- Brown all of this in a saucepan with a spoonful of lard.
- Stuff the crawfish heads with it.
- Put them in a saucepan to simmer for a quart of bouillon for an hour or more, until it is a soup.
- Serve hot.