- 1/2 pound of veal [or chicken]
- 12-15 crabs
- spoonful [tablespoon] of butter
- small pieces of fried ham
- salt and pepper
- dried rice
- Take the 1/2 pound of veal [or chicken] and cut it into small pieces.
- Brown them well, and then let them simmer for an hour and a half.
- Gather 12-15 crabs, keeping the flesh only, and let them warm up in a separate saucepan with a tablespoon of butter for a few minutes.
- Add the crabs to the pot, over the veal [do not mix].
- Add a few pieces of fried ham.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Before mixing together, remove the large pieces of veal, so that the crabs may predominate [should be a thick consistency].
- Serve hot and with dry rice in a separate dish.