- 1/3 of a cup of hominy
- 2 tablespoons of butter and lard mixed
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup of corn meal
- 1 cup of milk
- Preheat the cast iron skillet and lightly grease (to prevent sticking).
- Whisk together all dry ingredients (handful of hominy and 1 cup of corn meal) in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the 3 eggs and 1 cup of milk until combined.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients, thoroughly, and stir in the melted 2 tablespoons of butter and lard mix.
- Pour batter into preheated skillet, evenly and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes or until edges are golden-brown.
Source — Cooking in Old Creole Days
Prepared by Makenzie Miller
July 13, 2017