- Head of a calf
- Cloves (seasoning)
- Black Pepper (seasoning)
- Wine (of personal choice)
- Cut the head in half.
- Remove and discard the brains (To avoid Mad Cow Disease).
- Taking the skull, crack up the head, wash it, put it into a pot & boil for half an hour.
- Take out, wash clean & scrape until meat drops from the bone.
- Put back in the pot, boil until soft.
- Take out, pick out all the bones. Part the lean meat from the "jelly" meat.
- Cut up the jelly meat finely.
- Put back into the pot, thicken with flour & season to taste with cloves, black pepper, onions and wine.
Source - Cooking in Old Creole Days
Prepared by Makenzie Miller
July 13, 2017