- 2 quarts of sweet fresh cream
- 1 lb of ice
- Pint and a half of essence of coffee
- Sugar (to taste)
- Take two quarts of sweet fresh cream and put into a cowl
- Pound in a clean cloth, one pound of ice and add to the cream.
- Add a pint and a half of essence of coffee and add sugar to taste.
- Taking two glass pitchers, pour the mixture from one pitcher into the other until thoroughly mixed.
- Keep on ice for 15 minutes until ready to serve.
— Celestine Eustis
Source — Cooking in Old Créole Days
Prepared by Makenzie Miller
July 13, 2017