- Six eggs.
- One pint of flour.
- Two ounces of melted butter.
- One and a half cupfuls of powdered sugar.
- One cupful of milk.
- One teaspoonful of nutmeg.
- Beat whites and yolks separately and very stiff.
- Rub the sugar and butter together.
- Work in first the yolks.
- Then the milk.
- Then the flour and whites.
- Bake in well-buttered wafer or waffle irons very quickly, browning as little as possible.
- Roll them while hot upon a smooth, round stick not larger than your little finger, slipping it out carefully when the wafer takes the takes the right shape.
Source - Cooking in Old Creole Days
Prepared by Raeghan Norred
January 11, 2015