- One teacupful of melted Butter
- Two cup of pulverized Sugar
- One teacupful of sweet milk
- One tablespoonful of vanilla
- Eight egg whites beaten to stiff forth
- Three teacupfuls of sifted floured
- Two teaspoonfuls of baking powder
- A few Shredded Citrons
- Stir one teacupful of melted butter and two cup of pulverized sugar to a cream.
- Add one teacupful of sweet mild and one tablespoonful of vanilla and the eight whites eggs beaten to a stiff froth.
- Add three teacupfuls of sifted flour(measured before sifting)
- Poured it into the pan
- Do not move the pans while baking until the cake is nearly done, unless it should bake too much on one side.
- Take out the pan from the oven and the cake is ready.
Source - Cooking in Old Creole Days
Prepared by Dipson Baskota
January 6, 2015