- Rich brown chicken fricassee
- Aromatic herbs with a thread
- Boiled eggs cut into two
- Pie crust
- Make a rich brown chicken fricassee.
- Tie a bouquet of aromatic herbs with a thread.
- Let it stand for five minutes and then take it out.
- Cut up two hard boiled eggs and put them in the fricassee.
- Cook thoroughly over a slow fire.
- Have your pie crust ready, and put the fricassee in it.
- Don’t forget to prick the top crust with an iron fork in several places to allow evaporation. Otherwise it will ferment and the result will prove disastrous.
Source - Cooking in Old Creole Days
Prepared by Anuj Bhandari
January 6, 2015