- One pound chicken with bone
- Two quarts of water
- Very small onion
- Little salt
- Two tablespoonfuls of rice
- Take a chicken or fowl(small pieces of the former, it makes the broth very good)
- Break the bones, and clean it carefully.
- Put the broken chicken into the saucepan, with two quarts of water.
- Add some small onion, a little salt, and two tablespoonfuls of rice.
- Make it boil all the way.
- When it boils skim and cover closely. and let it simmer slowly for six hours. If you make from fowl let it cool for 5 hours.
- Serve cold or hot as desire.
Source - Cooking in Old Creole Days.
Prepared by Dipson Baskota
January 6, 2015