- One cup of white corn meal
- One cup of boiled hominy
- Two eggs
- Cold milk
- One piece of butter
- One pinch of salt
- One large pinch of sugar
- One pinch of yeast powder
- Knead the eggs into the hominy.
- Melt the butter (not to a complete liquid).
- Whip butter, salt, and sugar together with hominy.
- Add corn meal and cold milk alternately to a think consistency.
- Add yeast powder.
- Mix, bake, and serve. Do not let it stand
Source - Cooking in Old Creole Days.
Prepared by Jeanne Thibodeaux
January 5, 2014