- Four bundles of asparagus
- One pint of sweet milk
- Two or three eggs
- One teaspoonful of flour
- Teaspoonful of butter
- Onion juice
- A soupcon [a pinch] of grated cheese.
- Boil the asparagus.
- Cut off the soft tips about an inch long.
- Add to them a pint of sweet milk.
- Mix two or three eggs, a teaspoonful of flour (into which a teaspoonful of butter is mixed), salt, pepper, butter, onion juice, parsley.
- Add all together with a soupcon [a pinch] of grated cheese on top
- Put in the oven to bake for fifteen minutes.